This tutorial will teach you in precise detail and easy to follow steps and shows you:
- - Filing the cabochon collet
- - Soldering the bands
- - Methods of 4 claw collet making
- - Setting method is discussed
- This tutorial can be made in a standard smithing workshop. You will need:
- - Metal : silver or gold or other
- - Cabochon and two small gemstones
Not only that, you will also receive for free, two Jewelry Tutorials on Binding Wire Techniques and Filing Half Round Shape, valued at US$30 with this tutorial.
With this Decorative Cabochon Collet Ring I explore a cross between a tube (bezel) and a claw (prong) setting for the centre cabochon. The reason is that you will be able to do the finishing and setting. This is a modern popular design suitable for cabochon stones. The design style allows for variation and your creative interpretation. This ring requires some careful filing with needle files and the making of two four claw collets.
This design is a style variation using the same method of construction.