This step by step tutorial teaches through comprehensive illustrations and precise detail with easy to follow steps:
- - Shaping center collet and prongs
- - Forming triangle star shapes
- - Making split shank and soldering
- This tutorial can be made in a standard smithing workshop. You will need:
- - Metal : silver or gold or other
- - A center round gemstone plus eight smaller gems
This step by step jewelry tutorial will show you how to make this very beautiful star cluster split shank ring which uses a few gemstones in a star shape to accent the center gemstone. Firstly a center collet is made with the prongs filed out. Them the collets are made for the small gemstones and the cluster is soldered into a split shank. The setting method is briefly discussed.
Once this technique is mastered you can experiment with design changes such as using an oval center gemstone instead of a round shape.