This jewelry tutorial through a comprehensive guide and easy to follow step shows you:
- - Making fancy flower collet
- - Shaping the petals
- - Soldering of petals to collet
- - Making brooch catch and awl
- This tutorial can be made in a standard smithing workshop. You will need:
- - Metal : silver or gold or other
- - Round 10 - 12 mm gemstone
In this tutorial you will get to make this bold 80 mm flower brooch and pendant with a unique collet looking like a lotus flower. A straight forward pigtail brooch and awls is soldered on the back of the flower petals. Three templates are included in this tutorial and the setting of the 12 mm gemstone is discussed.
Once you've mastered the large lotus flower collet you can extrapolate that technique into a smaller size collet.
This tutorial is suited for all with general knowledge of metalsmith techniques and the basic bench tool set-up.
The front and back of the gem set flower brooch and pendant.