This tutorial will teach you in precise detail and easy to follow steps and shows you:
- - Piercing the circle collet
- - Soldering the collet
- - Making jump rings for the shank
- - Setting method is discussed
- This tutorial can be made in a standard smithing workshop. You will need:
- - Metal : silver or gold or other
- - One 8mm and 2 x 4mm gemstones
This jewelry making tutorial shows you how to make this unique ring design made of circles. This design is not available from jewelry supply houses.
The circle collet is pierced out of plate and then carefully filed to match the wire jump rings of the shank design. Tips are given on calculating the exact size of the cone for the collet. And tricks are given to simplify the soldering process. Two jump rings form the shoulders of the ring.
This circle ring is challenging with a stunning end result. The setting methods is discussed. It is optional to set two 4mm gemstones in the shoulders.
A unique ring design made of jump ring circles set with three gemstones