This tutorial is a comprehensive step by step illustrated guide and shows you:
- - Piercing the cells in the wings
- - Filing and soldering method
- - Making pigtail brooch catch
- This tutorial can be made in a standard smithing workshop. You will need:
- - Metal : silver or gold or other
A perennial favourite is the summer queen of the insects, the dragonfly which has for centuries been a subject of intrigue and symbolism.
She is a dragonfly brooch and as a first project, this tutorial will emphasize filing and piercing skills with some soldering. I have kept the whole tutorial relatively straight forward.
This lesson is suited for beginners with some general knowledge of metal smith techniques and the basic bench tool set-up.
Dragonfly Brooch with Cloisonné Enameling - not part of instruction.